8 cups diced seedless watermelon
1/4 cup sugar
Zest of 1 lime
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup agave nectar
1. Puree watermelon into 4 cups of liquid in a food processor.
2. In a large saucepan, bring 1 cup of the watermelon puree, sugar, and lime peel to a simmer, over medium heat. Stir constantly until the sugar dissolves. And pinch of salt.
3. Pour in remaining 3 cups of watermelon puree and the agave nectar, stir until mixed thoroughly.
4. Pour mixture into a metal cake pan and freeze overnight.
5. The next day, leave the frozen watermelon puree to sit at room temperature for about 5 minutes. Then break up the puree into small (1-2 inch) pieces, a knife works best.
6. In small batches, add the pieces to a food processor and pulse until smooth.
7. Enjoy! Then store the rest in tupperware in the freezer for up to a week.
**Recipe from The Vegan Scoop